Former ECW star Brian “Axl Rotten” Knighton died of an accidental overdose, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of Maryland, The Baltimore Sun reported yesterday .

According to The Sun‘s article, Rotten had pulled down the infant changing table and placed on it drug paraphernalia and a broken burnt tablespoon with a “crystalline residue.”  He was found on the floor of the bathroom.

The Sun‘s article also reported that atop a paper-towel dispenser in the bathroom, authorities found unlabeled pill bottle with capsules of a “brownish substance,” which they suspected was heroin.

Rotten was found dead by authorities on February 4.

To read The Baltimore Sun article, click here.

About The Author

Dan is host of Shooting from the Hip which you can hear every Sunday at 8pm EST, 7pm CST right here on PWpop.com.